Monday, January 4, 2010

happy birthday to IDEB!

Cheers! As of three days ago, I Don't Eat Bacon is a full year old. I certainly haven't been diligent about what, how and when I post here, and I definitely haven't taken the writing process very seriously. But that's what I like about this little blog o' mine, that I approach it much as I approach cooking. The processes are creative, impulsive, not always well thought out, almost always pleasureable.

I will continue to eat and cook new foods in 2010, so I see no reason why not to continue to maintain the blog, too. And though I tend to resist the pressure to make resolutions, I do hope to keep cooking--and blogging--toward the top of my personal want-to-do list. Too often, when I get bogged down with day-to-day stresses, I view cooking as an inconvenience, when almost always it is a real joy, with delicious rewards. The blog is that way, too: more satisfying than I usually think.


Oh, and I finally uploaded pictures to a few recent posts, of mac 'n' cheese, chili sweet-potato hash and some of the raw materials for Christmas dinner. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment